Orange Vanilla

CHB

I'd like to make a nice Orange Vanilla candle (similar to the Trapp variety). I've been using the JS Orange Vanilla fragrance oil but to me it smells a bit like fuel. Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice Orange Vanilla? Thanks in advance for your help. 

I did a side by side testing these past couple of days with 2 orange creamsicles....

Using 464 wax and cd wicks this is my findings.

Fragrance Buddy:   Creamsicle

I didn't find this to be too strong a thrower.  Wasn't impressed.

Candle Source:  Orange Dreamsicle

Although this was a pretty good thrower, I didn't find it to be what I was looking for.  I didn't pickup the creaminess of the vanilla.  It was sort of tangy and almost detected a little bitterness.

I'm going to test Maple Streets Dreamsicle now...

I've been doing some blending and I still need to tweak some.

I just got some orange sherbert from Flaming.  Think I'm going to try blending that with vanilla.

Trappeur

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I did a side by side testing these past couple of days with 2 orange creamsicles....

Using 464 wax and cd wicks this is my findings.

Fragrance Buddy:   Creamsicle

I didn't find this to be too strong a thrower.  Wasn't impressed.

Candle Source:  Orange Dreamsicle

Although this was a pretty good thrower, I didn't find it to be what I was looking for.  I didn't pickup the creaminess of the vanilla.  It was sort of tangy and almost detected a little bitterness.

I'm going to test Maple Streets Dreamsicle now...

I've been doing some blending and I still need to tweak some.

I just got some orange sherbert from Flaming.  Think I'm going to try blending that with vanilla.

Trappeur

Hey Trapp - you might want to try adding a titch of vanilla smoothie to the candle source orange dreamsicle and see what you think.

Ok Soshiegirl!  Your recommendations have always been spot on and they have all been winners for me when you recommended them....Ok, I will do that, as the throw is excellent.  Would that be from Daystar the smoothie you suggest?

Trappeur

On 8/22/2017 at 9:25 PM, Trappeur said:

Ok Soshiegirl!  Your recommendations have always been spot on and they have all been winners for me when you recommended them....Ok, I will do that, as the throw is excellent.  Would that be from Daystar the smoothie you suggest?

Trappeur

You are too kind Trappeur.  The smoothie I tend to use when blending is from ICS.  By itself, it's not a super strong scent but it does make a nice blender.  Another one you might consider using is vanilla bean from Just Scent or Vanilla Ice Cream from Fragrance Buddy.  If you want me to send you some samples of each, just let me know.  I can throw them in the mail tomorrow and you can test them to see what might work for you.  Just let me know!