EZ Soy/Eco Wicks...no full melt pool ?@#%^^

I've poured quite a few EZ soy candles now with just fo...no color yet. I'm using a 8oz jj (decorative ones with the fruit shapes embeded in the jar..not sure how to explain). They are 2.5 or 2.75" at the widest, I can't remember exactly. I've used Eco 6, 8, 10, and 12 and can't get a full melt pool with any of them.

On the other hand...I poured some C3 in a couple of those jars and got a fmp with both a Eco6 and an Eco8 withing 3 hours (Eco8 had a little deeper mp).

So whats the deal? Is EZ Soy harder to wick, and harder to get fmp's?

What sucks is I only have 10 pounds of C3...but I have 50 darn pounds of EZ Soy, so I'd really like to get the EZ soy to work.

>>I've poured quite a few EZ soy candles now with just fo...no color yet. I'm using a 8oz jj (decorative ones with the fruit shapes embeded in the jar..not sure how to explain). They are 2.5 or 2.75" at the widest, I can't remember exactly. I've used Eco 6, 8, 10, and 12 and can't get a full melt pool with any of them.<<

I make the 8 oz jellies using EZSoy, ECO wicks, and color blocks. I like a strong candle, so I use 1 1/2 oz. of fragrance oil per lb. I love the Eco wicks and have excellent luck with them. Most of my scents require an Eco 10 (a couple I use Eco 8s with). I find the ECOs throw beautifully, and I love how you can just pinch off the wick with your fingers and it breaks off at just the right spot (no scissors needed). They do mushroom a bit on the heavier scents, but it's worth it to me to get that great throw. I've thought of trying CD wicks (heard a lot of good things about them with EZSoy), but not sure I want to start over and test, test, test, when my ECOs have been good to me :).

How much FO are you using? Most people who use the standard 1 oz. per lb. use an ECO 8 with good success. I don't know why you are having problems getting a full melt pool? How long are you letting them burn on the first burn? I believe they are 2 1/2 or 2 3/4" wide... I normally let them burn 3 hours on the first burn and my melt pool is about right. If there's a little hangup, most of the time it will catch up on later burns. The only problem I've ever had is with Lilac FO - I had to cut back to 1 oz. per lb with that scent and I still use an ECO 10.

HTH!

Liz D.

I let the first test burn for at leat 3-4 hours, with no luck. And the hangup is still there even after burn #2 and #3. Guess I'll just keep tryin!! Or maybe I'll try some CD wicks and see if I have any better luck with those. I want to use ECO wicks though, since they are coated with veg wax.