New Eco Soya Soon to come out? Should I care?

I contacted NGI today about the release date of the new Eco Soya... She says they were ready to send out samples out to their distributors last week, but had a production issue and it's being pushed back a few weeks... Hopefully within the month of June... At that time the distributors would have samples to send out to their customers... She says:

The ECO Soya 210 Container Blend (will be most like Advanced)

The ECO Soya 220 Container Blend (different but didn't allude to as what was different)

The ECO Soyta 230 Pillar Blend.

Thoughts? Has anyone heard any rumors? Who is holding out for the new stuff or has already switch and no plans to try. I am testing out the 6006 currently and have been happy with how the candle looks and am working with Zinc wicks and have been getting good results... So not sure if I want to try... I like the thought of not having to put as much FO in them... So why would I want to switch back?

Steve

I'd love to try it as a lot of people loved the old stuff, but my fear is of sudden discontinuation again.  They left many people high and dry.  And I also don't want to start the re-testing process with a new wax.  

• Like 2

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. They made the announcement 2 yrs ago they were switching to new waxes. So far nothing has happened except the old waxes are hard to come by if you can find them at all. Someone really dropped the ball on the planning and timing of release. Very disappointing and very unprofessional for such a large wax company.:huh:

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

I'm torn - I've never made melts or tarts before (I'm a hobbyist) but a friend asked if I would make her some. I'd like to use soy, because that's what I use for container candles, but given how popular the Ecosoya pillar blend was, I want to wait and try it. However, at this point I won't be able to make her melts until Christmas! 

(if anyone has suggestions on another soy wax to use for melts, please let me know!)