Help with pricing on a gel candle

dcroome2005

1st I would recommend that you test them. I know they came in a kit; but you should still test them to make sure that they are going to burn correctly and to check other things like scent throw; proper wicking, etc.....

2nd, what size are the pies? I know you are figuring your price from what you paid for the kit ..... but that will all change if you continue to make them. Unless you are going to buy kits forever.

Retail is usually 3x to 4x your cost. But like I said before, that amt. will change when you are buying your supplies separately instead of a kit.

Like Jen said when you start making them without a kit the cost will change drastically. I am guessing that they are 3" by the look, you are only going to be able to charge $4 to $6 for them because that is about the going rates. Now 5" pies go for anywhere from $8 to $12 sometimes a little more.

I also agree you really need to test thenm even if you made them from a kit.

Thank you. I tested two tonight and they were great.. I am also having my partner test one as well to make sure she gets the same results I do. I am buying them as a kit right now because its sooo much easier for me and I dont want to shell out the higher money right now to get everything I need for it. I will eventually do that. Plus, I want to make sure these are going to sell before I buy the individual items for these :-)

Thanks a bunch

Christina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...