Stearic Acid to 464?

Wondering who has used this to harden up the 464 a bit and make for smoother tops between burning.  How did it work for you?  How much did you use per lb?  In researching, is there a difference between Palm Stearic Acid and just Stearic Acid?  Thanks in advance, all!

Most stearic acid I see available is palm stearic. That is what I buy for various applications. 

I just tested a few blends of c3 with stearic all the way up to 100-% stearic just for funsies. Stearic acted an awful lot  like glass glow.

my meodology was to make several with different percentages. I did 5, 10, 15 and 20 % stearic. Waited several days then lit. Took pictures every hour for the first three burns. With my current lot of C3, I really enjoyed the 5%. Is softened the burn, thinning the heavy, viscous soy wax just enough to improve the burn.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ellajoan said:

Thanks TallTayl!  What exactly is glass glow?  I've heard it referenced but can't figure out what it is.  

It is a type of container palm wax. I loved the throw of it, and it powerfully threw EVERY scent I ever tried at like 3% fragrance load.