Wick suggestions, please !

On 4/17/2017 at 9:13 AM, jaybee said:

do you get much of a throw from the htp or premier? I've tried them both as an in between size but they don't seem to throw very well for me.....actually the best burn I've ever had were those premier 500 series but you have to buy a ton of them,,,,the premier 700 also discolor too much....sigh.....well I still have some sample packs of the 500s left......Thinking maybe I should retest them to see if a large order would be worth it.

Have you tried ECO wicks?  I recall liking those but I could not get them in small enough sizes for my jars.  However, for your purpose you may find the size to be good.  Sample packs of these are available.

Actually,I'm testing an eco 6 in one of my 3 inch tumblers right now....I don't know if these is a good starting point or not as I don't have much experience with these. We shall see....thank you for the suggestion coconut ;)

To be perfectly honest... I've never understood when people talk about different wicks providing throw. Ive never understood that... and i never notice a difference. The MP and the wax is what throws the scent.   The wick just creates the MP. Scent isnt thrown by the wick. Two melt pools that are the same stress going to throw the same... that had ALWAYS been my experience. So ive never understood those arguments about wicks and HT. I mean.... tarts have no wicks.... scent throw is good, that

should end the argument right there.  Lol

So to specificslly answer your question... no, I've not had a decrease in HT using htp or premier. I think zinc seems to throw better because it burns cooler which means the candle and MP can last longer.  My favorite wick hands down is zinc except mushroom and the zinc wire. But they all bave their drawbacks. Id rather have mushrooms and a wire though and less soot. Some wicks give me more soot for sure (eco, cd, cdn).

HTP would be my favorite if they didnt lean and stayed centered a bit better.