Rosemary Pepper - what to blend with?

jbradshaw

Somehow (I have no idea how) I ordered a pound of Rosemary Pepper from Aztec. I seriously must have been out of it when I placed that order! I like the oil, but have never used it before and I'm wondering if anyone has blending suggestions since I have SO MUCH of this oil. I typically order between 1-4oz as I'm a hobbyist. 

Help?

• Like 1

It's used as a landscaping plant here. (Rosemary). Some locals toss it in the bbq when roasting chicken. It makes a lovely, smoky scent. Perhaps, if you have some sort of fireside (burning wood) scent, you could mix it with a bit of that.

Real rosemary tends to be a strong, non-frilly scent. It might go with a conifer scent, like cedar.

Since it's in the broad mint family, as is Lavender,  you might try mixing those two.  Or perhaps with another floral like rose.

Or perhaps mix some with one of those 'clean laundry' scents. That might be nice.

Edited by Incendia
speling
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I'm wondering if it would work 

with some type of lemon ? How 

would you best describe it?

The Aztec description is: Citrus and mint accent the refreshing sensation of rosemary in this garden blend. Lush greens and warm patchouli blend with rich woods for the vegetal sensation.

I don't get much citrus but it's really nice - so I'll try a lemon as you suggested. I think it would be nice on its own - I just have so much of it now I may as well experiment. 

12 minutes ago, Incendia said:

It's used as a landscaping plant here. (Rosemary). Some locals toss it in the bbq when roasting chicken. It makes a lovely, smoky scent. Perhaps, if you have some sort of fireside (burning wood) scent, you could mix it with a bit of that.

Real rosemary tends to be a strong, non-frilly scent. It might go with a conifer scent, like cedar.

Since it's in the board mint family, as is Lavender,  you might try mixing those two.  Or perhaps with another floral like rose.

Or perhaps mix some with one of those 'clean laundry' scents. That might be nice.

You have such great suggestions!

I bet lavender would be great ?

Edited by Moonstar

6 minutes ago, Incendia said:

Since it's in the broad mint family, as is Lavender,  you might try mixing those two.  Or perhaps with another floral like rose.

oh lavender! I didn't think of that. It's not a straight rosemary, but still quite nice. 

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

I just went on the site and there 

was 1 review that stated they 

didn't get a good HT in 464

please repost now I'm curious to

see how it works in your test :)

The description sounds great !

I hope it's good! If not, I have a friend who makes beard oils and scrubs so if it doesn't work in soy I may pass on to her. I just love the scent though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scented said:

WHAT do you have to experiment with? Any cedar? 

I believe I have a cedarwood - also a lemongrass, lavender, vanilla, eucalyptus...I can't think of many other straight scents I have that aren't a complex blend. 

11 hours ago, jbradshaw said:

I believe I have a cedarwood - also a lemongrass, lavender, vanilla, eucalyptus...I can't think of many other straight scents I have that aren't a complex blend. 

Complex blends are ok too. 

I have the fragrance so knowing what you have might just make it easier to play with. 

I'm thinking of trying the fragrance with cedar, but it won't provide woodsy, but I think it would provide a start.

I might get a chance to do some sniffing around. Vanilla is only going to muffle the scent some. I don't know if lavender would be nice with it or not. Did you try it with lemon or lemongrass already? 

What I think will actually be great with it is patchouli ... not sure that a sandalwood would be, but possible. 
What other fruits besides lemon ... I'd be inclined to try an orange/tangerine, but I'm curious how lime would interact with this FO. 

I think eucalyptus could be fun with it too, perhaps even eucalyptus, cedar and RP.