Got my other liquid soapmaking book!

Candybee

Was able to get the one from Jackie Thompson called Liquid Soapmaking. I ordered from Amazon so should get it in a couple days.

I also ordered some phenophthalein (sp?) so I can start practicing making some. I think I am going to use Jcandleattic's recipe from January's SOTM.

Got some good info from the Catherine Failor book but she spreads out her info all over her book so I found I had to go back and forth to find key info. It gets tiresome real quick so I am hoping Jackie's book is more cohesive.

I don't have any preservative yet but I do have some mixed tocopherols which the Failor book says I can use. The small test batches I plan to make will just be for me while I am learning so I am not worried about it for now. I just want to learn the process firsthand and am impatient to start.

Thanks. Got it in the mail today. Will start reading it this week. I usually take my soaping books with me too while I am doing my markets. So if I don't have any other time during the week I do a bit of reading while I am working my booth.

• Like 1