Flaming Candle Fragrance Suggestions Please!!!

countrygal3115

On 1/26/2017 at 7:27 AM, Moonstar said:

I have both the Bergamot and black tea. Both are nice. The black tea doesn't have enough of that "black tea" scent to my nose anyhow but I still like it.

I guess I was expecting more of a tea box scent, you know when you open a box of black tea - I didn't get that :( I remember I once had a sample from

BB of a saffron + something or another, don't remember, but i wasn't a fan, personally. But keep in mind I don't like hippie type scents and thats what that one

reminded me of. Just not me but I can see how others would like it. 

Have you ever found a Black Tea that smells like black tea? Or just tea? Tea should be dry and bitter. Must be hard to replicate, as everyone's smell like flowers.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, glasllyn said:

Have you ever found a Black Tea that smells like black tea? Or just tea? Tea should be dry and bitter. Must be hard to replicate, as everyone's smell like flowers.

Fillmore has a orange pekoe tea. It does smell pretty spot on to me anyhow but its light. TT said Brambleberry carries a black tea but also mentioned that it smells

very similar to Flamings black tea. Other than that, I haven't tried many teas, but I think your right, it might be hard to duplicate. Who knows there might be one out

there and I just haven't found it, unfortunately I don't have endless resources to order everyone out there lol ! 

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2017 at 6:08 AM, glasllyn said:

Flaming's in probably the closest I've found to black tea, still has floral notes in it but I like it in wax, I renamed it ZEN.  My fav of all time in black tea was GW and they discontinued it.  The mfg told me at the time if I could get the formula from GW (who owned it) they would duplicate for me and GW said they didn't have it.  I still have 2 oz to duplicate if I decide to go that route.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my first FO order from Flaming Candle. I've only used CS scents up to now. I only know OOB and cold throw since they haven't had time to cure-but I love all of them!

My favorites were Honolulu Sun, Beach Wood and Mahogany Coconut. They smell less fake than other FOs I've used. They sent me a free sample of Southern Iced Tea. OOB it smells right on. It doesn't go with my line, but I'm going to pour it tomorrow for gifts and see how it does.

• Like 2

I just started ordering from FC this past year, so far I've been very pleased with everything ...

Autumn & Apple Orchard , Bourbon Soaked Raisins and Pumpkin Chai are my favorites !
Others I liked are:
Lemongrass
Lemon Verbena
Hickory BBQ-perfect smokiness for mixing
Old World Christmas-this would be great year round, reminds me of fresh cider and mulling spices
Twisted Cinnamon-really good bakery , iced danish scent
Falling Leaves-the notes in this are deep ,kinda sexy ...might be good with a hint of smoke for a burning leaves smell
Apple Ginger Crust -it's good,but reminded me of fruity cereal 
Cotton Amber-  this one is very nice , not a typical laundry scent  
HTH 

Edited by chevcher
  • Like 1