Container Wax with a rustic look?

Does anyone know how I can get my container wax to have a rustic look? I am using J223. I like how say Yankee and a few other candles are not the real smooth or creamy look. Or maybe they use a certain kind of wax. Thanks for any help!

Marie

Yeah it's probably a certain kind of wax.

Some of the less refined low MP paraffins might be what you're thinking of, like IGI 2281, IGI 2243, or Candlewic CF. Or possibly a fully refined mottling wax like IGI 1288B.

Maybe you could point us to a photo of the effect you're looking for.

I have thought about this also. I am thinking of more on the crystalized side. I have used IGI 2243, and Candwic's low refined although I was able to make a great candle with additives. It would not be what I am looking for now. I wonder if adding Palm Wax to a container blend would work? LOL! I must be nuts!!!:rolleyes2 Like I don't have anything else to do!!!:shocked2::laugh2: B

Bonba

Yell, I have thought about it. Which one did you use? And does it throw as well as a containers blend. I would one day really like to use one or two suppliers for wax. :undecided It so funny I used to look at those candles and think, what at mess they were, and I worked so hard to get a smooth perfect looking candle.:shocked2: Now I think their pretty cool.:rolleyes2

Bonba