Stick Blender or Hand Held Mixer

Paulette

That is what I prefer is a hand meld mixer. Especially if you are just starting out it gives you a little bit extra time to go over your next steps and be confident on those steps.

Here again you ask 10 different people and you are gonna get 10 different answers. It's all a matter of preference. Find some method that works for you and use that.

Guest EMercier

Let me tell you, I tried the hand blender and it wasn't nice to me. Went out that weekend and got a stick blender and it works a lot better. I didn't think there would be a difference, but there was a BIG difference.

Hand held mixers incorporate too much air into the soap base. The stick blenders work best.

Any stirring you do is going to incorporate air into your mix. Even stirring with a wooden spoon incorporates air. I highly doubt that the difference between the hand mixer and the stick mixer is enough to matter. It's personal preference when it comes right down to the heart of it.

Have any of you tried a blender? There's a site on it and groups and I've heard it works very well. Obviously not an option for large batches, unless you wanted to divide the batches into several blenders :rolleyes2 I think I'm going to try this within the next month or so (Current blender leaks for some strange reason)

Curious on experiences