Candle dyes

I color all of my candles, and I've never experienced this. Sometimes, I do get that "dye smell" when I first add the dye, but after mixing in that completely disappears. 

If you are having problems with hot throw, it could be several factors. Light scent, scent doesn't work in your combo of wax/wicks, wicks issues, % of FO added etc. but I would hesitate strongly pointing the finger at the dye. 

• Like 2

In theory....sure it could.  hot throw is determined by the whole process of the wax, wick and fragrance all working to produce the scent released into the air.  So if you go really crazy with color, especially those really deep red and my personal nemesis...black...sure, the color can clog up the wick and effect the hot throw.

However, if you are getting a good flame and the candle is burning properly, but no hot throw....well......if you are truly hooked on that particular fragrance maybe try it all over again with no color...just to be absolutely sure.  But if not, it might just be the fragrance.  Not all of them work and it's something you kinda have to accept and move on from.