Latest Bath Fizzies

Jcandleattic

Hi jcandle attic sense you are the bath bomb queen on here how do you keep them from going soft after a couple of weeks ours turn out awesome but after awhile they get soft again ? We live in Florida so I assume it it the humidity ! Anyone use silica packs or have any other sugestions  ? I just tried taking almost all the oil except the fo out then they crumble the recipe I am using has 4 tbs fractionated coconut oil 1 tbs water and 1 tbs fo that is all the liquids ? They come out hard w put it in celofane gift bags and twist tie any sugestions from any of you would be great 

IMG_0092.JPG

My only suggestion would be to leave them out of the cellophane until you are ready to ship/sell. It will trap any moisture, and turn them soft. I don't use any water in my formulation at all, so I can't help you there.

You also may want to check your citric and baking soda for freshness. If it's old, it could have lost some of it's umpf making the fizzies go soft. 

I am by no means an expert - I have only been making them again for about 6 months, and only about 4 months ago or so did I finally get a fizzie recipe that worked for me, however, here we have virtually no humidity at all either, so that is not a factor for me. 

• Like 1

Kshaler, I agree with Jcandleattic.. I don't know if this could be your problem too, but  I've had a problem with humidity so right after I make them I preheat oven 170, turn off and put the bath bombs in and keep them there overnight. You also might consider using half your oils in a hard butter such as cocoa butter, and maybe add some kaolin clay  and/or cream of tartar to help harden. 

Sorry all, we had a bit of a storm blow in, some of you may have heard of it, they even named it... Matthew, and so I didnt get around to fiddling with this press, but I still intend on it, it may just have to wait another week or so.  Ill post here when I get around to it.

On 10/13/2016 at 7:12 PM, WanderlustSoaps said:

Sorry all, we had a bit of a storm blow in, some of you may have heard of it, they even named it... Matthew, and so I didnt get around to fiddling with this press, but I still intend on it, it may just have to wait another week or so.  Ill post here when I get around to it.

Just a note about pressing aggregated materials, incremental pressing works much better than bulk pressing for consistency, but I can't really see how to do incremental pressing on a sphere. If I had to take a solid guess I would think that the die would have to be a sort of pill shape, and then pressed until the middle of the pill disappeared into the equator... interesting.