2 Questions real quick before I forget...

Sponiebr

So if you are using a commercial product as an ingredient for your formulation: (For me it's Great Value Shortening (tallow/palm) in my soaps, and I use Candle Science FO's.)

Do you have to break out the individual components of the commercial product or can you state : (proprietary food safe animal and palm fats blend with incorporated anit foaming and preservative agents.)   Proprietary Fragrance oil blend. For me I may or may not include some salt in my formulations, but I think I would like to have that ingredient on my ingredients listing. Is there a threshold in which an additive that isn't a common "Big 8" allergen needs to be listed?  

Question 2: does anyone know of a tool that could be used to help wrap oval and round (pucks) of soap in plain cellophane? Ostensibly this would be to achieve that beautiful pleated method that commercial operations produce. 

As always, your advise is immensely appreciated. 

Cheers,

Sponie

If you are claiming anything for your soap other than it gets you clean, you need to list all ingredients with their INCI listings in order of % for anything that is above 1%. Also, even if you are not claiming anything, but decide to list ingredients, same rules apply. Everything with their INCI name in order of percentage, for anything that is in the soap above 1%.

If you are just calling your soap, soap - then no ingredient list is needed. 

Marie Gale has an awesome labeling book. It's worth every penny.  

Oh and all this applies to the US - I am unsure of the rules in other regions or parts of the world. 

• Like 3