Wax that holds up in heat

I'm guessing you probably used a gazebo or some kind of covering.  I'm not familiar with those waxes, so I can't answer that part.

I wonder if it would help to display the candles on top of large, oblong plastic containers that are perhaps filled with blue ice packs ...?  Although the cool air would sink, I think the containers would stay cooler, and that, combined with shade, might make a difference.  Just thinking, don't mind me.

• Like 1

When you say faded as in the color like went from bright to dull? 

Have you been using any UV Inhibitor? 

Waxes are prone to melt in the heat and if you were in direct sunlight, find a way to get out of it. If you work under a tent, that might be to your best advantage. I think birdcharm had some great advice there for you. 

I don't know your waxes either, except that they're for containers. You might want to check out other melt points for waxes, but do you want to trade for a wax that is supposed to adhere to the glass better than others? 

Sounds like what you are finding out is the breaking point of your wax when in the elements. Now to find ways to keep your candles cooler longer. In your area, will the temps be going down? You could do some of the following, but in the end you just need to know what works best for you to keep the candles cool. 

Pack in ice packs, except that there is a possibility that when the cool wears off it won't help out later in the day. 

Pack in dry ice. 

Pay for electricity and runs fans. 

Buy a block of ice and run fans behind it, but this could eventually lead to blowing water. 

When you sign up for shows, tell the organizer you'd like a shady spot because you have perishables. 

Avoid selling in high temps... wait till it cools down. 

Keep rotating candles so that they have a chance to cool down in some shade. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kshaler said:

How about 4627 will that do better and the CB-XCEL

both have higher melt points  what do you guys think ?

Higher melt points can help, but you will need to test them to see if they can become a product you want to sell. 

You may find that a mix of your waxes might work too, but at 90 or just over, even my paraffin starts sweating. There's just sometimes when it's flat too hot out to sell outside. If you have an opportunity to be indoors, you might consider that instead. 

Bottom line is to know your product and then to figure out how to combat the issues the arise. I'm hoping the weather was just a fluke. The fading sounds like maybe you aren't using UV. But candles over time will fade just like colors left in a store window. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, birdcharm said:

I'm guessing you probably used a gazebo or some kind of covering.  I'm not familiar with those waxes, so I can't answer that part.

I wonder if it would help to display the candles on top of large, oblong plastic containers that are perhaps filled with blue ice packs ...?  Although the cool air would sink, I think the containers would stay cooler, and that, combined with shade, might make a difference.  Just thinking, don't mind me.

This is what I was thinking but I was wondering if anyone had tried it

1 hour ago, Scented said:

When you say faded as in the color like went from bright to dull? 

Have you been using any UV Inhibitor? 

Waxes are prone to melt in the heat and if you were in direct sunlight, find a way to get out of it. If you work under a tent, that might be to your best advantage. I think birdcharm had some great advice there for you. 

I don't know your waxes either, except that they're for containers. You might want to check out other melt points for waxes, but do you want to trade for a wax that is supposed to adhere to the glass better than others? 

Sounds like what you are finding out is the breaking point of your wax when in the elements. Now to find ways to keep your candles cooler longer. In your area, will the temps be going down? You could do some of the following, but in the end you just need to know what works best for you to keep the candles cool. 

Pack in ice packs, except that there is a possibility that when the cool wears off it won't help out later in the day. 

Pack in dry ice. 

Pay for electricity and runs fans. 

Buy a block of ice and run fans behind it, but this could eventually lead to blowing water. 

When you sign up for shows, tell the organizer you'd like a shady spot because you have perishables. 

Avoid selling in high temps... wait till it cools down. 

Keep rotating candles so that they have a chance to cool down in some shade. 

They have no Elec there and I now have a perminent spot on the not sunny side and I ordered uv in today thank you for the input I so appreciate it

Even 10 degrees will help to make a difference. I know we have some people from FLorida here. I hope they'll come aboard and give you better responses. Get you a tent but get you something that you can weigh down, because I expect that Florida is not exempt from winds :) You'll want something sturdy and that will withstand extremes. Make a good investment in a tent if this is something you plan to continue to pursue. We thought we could a few corners and get something that wasn't so sturdy. Our third show of our first full year in the circuit, we wanted that tent pop hole after hole after hole in a steady summer storm and then the supports broke. We went ahead and invested in our EZ up and haven't been terribly disappointed ... only in that there is no tent that will withstand every extreme.