Status Jars Lids

On 9/25/2016 at 3:20 PM, bfroberts said:

The cube jars that were in stock at my Dollar Tree were Libbey.  They had the Libbey sticker on the bottom.  There were also several other Libbey containers in stock, but the status jars in stock were varied.  Some status jars had no sticker on the bottom and some had the Made In Colombia sticker on the bottom.  My store had no Libbey status jars in stock and hasn't for a long time.  I have heard reports that some DT do have them.  IDK.

I have ordered from DT online several times.  What you get varies.  I have ordered and received Libbey's status jar.  I've ordered and received the Made In Colombia status and I've also ordered and received status jars with no labels.  I assume this means they have several suppliers for this jar, because it all jives with what I, and others, have seen in store.  I ordered 2 cases of jars at 4th of July, and what I received were two cases of the unlabeled jars.

I had one case of status (and I do not remember which brand - just that it wasn't the Libbey) that had bubbles in the base.  Not all of them, just a few and a few had flaws around the lip.  Nothing major, and nothing I would hesitate to sale, but the quality was lesser by a degree.  I guess you get what you get.

From time to time, DT will run a $4.95 shipping sale.  It usually coincides with a holiday.  The last sale was Labor Day weekend.  I usually take advantage of the sale to order cases of things we use at our campground, magic erasers mostly...lol...because they never have as many as I need at the store.  I do order the status jars from time to time.  I use wooden lids that I purchase elsewhere, so lack of a lid doesn't matter to me. 

FYI EVERYONE, DOLLAR TREE IS RUNNING A SHIPPING SALE OF $4.95.  THIS IS THE SALE YOU MENTIONED HERE.  I ORDERED STATUS JARS.... YAY!!!!!!!

• Like 2