Additives

Most of today's waxes are blends and already have the additives in it to perform for the type of wax its marketed as. For example I use a container palm wax for my container candles and the only additives I use are UV Inhibitor, color, and fragrance.

If you want to mix your own custom blend using a straight paraffin for example, you would need additives if say you wan't to use it as a container wax, or a pillar wax, or a mottled wax, etc.

Chances are when you are searching for a wax to make container candles, or pillars, tarts, gel candles, etc, the wax has already been blended for you whether it be a soy blend, paraffin, coconut, or palm wax blend.

What wax are you working with or thinking of working with? If we knew that someone here probably uses that wax and can give you some tips on it.

• Like 1

I have been using the 464  Soy from CS but no luck with hot throw so I decided to order the CS 4627 Comfort Blend.   I just received it and haven't used it (must admit I am very intimidated by it).  For any of those should I consider additives?   Thanks a million :-)

When you are starting out with a wax, any wax, it takes time to learn how to use it and make a great candle. Personally I found soy wax in particular to be challenging. You need to let it cure before testing it. Also, like other waxes, some fragrances will work with your wax and others not so well or not at all. That is where patience and testing come in. Also, cure times can vary from one wax to another.

There are some 464 wax users on this forum so hopefully some will chime in with some tips for you.