Different Supplier Different Wax

On 8/29/2016 at 3:44 PM, YAMS said:

I have seen many posts on  4786.  Being completely new to candle making can some of you weigh in as to what makes this wax so good?   What kind of wax it is?  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks for helping out the newbies.   I don't sell candles nor do I plan to but I would love to perfect the art for myself and my friends and family.   Happy Monday 

First and foremost....it plays nice with ALL my scents....throws absolutely beautifully.....I have been told countless times that my candles smell better than any other candles they have burned.....better than Yankee, Virginia, etc. So creamy and looks so pretty in my jars. Been using this wax ONLY for containers since I began in 2000. LOVE the stuff!! :) 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Has anyone tried bulk apothecary? I recently bought a couple cases on two occasions when I found decent coupon codes (one 10% and one 16%). That really offset the shipping costs and each time the wax was as expected.

That's good to know. They are my next try if Aztec's wax is anything like Lonestars.

• 1 month later...
On September 8, 2016 at 11:25 AM, jfear said:

Just wanted to give an update; after contacting Lonestar about this bad batch of wax, the woman I spoke with was unapologetic about it. There was no compensation basically; she also responded in a way that made me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about. I know my 4786 and this is just a bad batch, period. Discolored, soft, water beaded and a strange smell once melted.

Anyway, that was twice that I ordered from Lonestar out of desperation and the last. I feel as though any other company would have tried to rectify the situation.

Now Peak, please get my 4786 back in stock! 

JFear may I ask about when you use this for wax melts - are you using it straight or blending with another wax. Maybe I should give 4786 a try for melts .

So, your getting a great HT ? Does it need a long cure ? Now Im curious about 4786 :) Im assuming its a parasoy ? For melts - is it considered a soft or hard wax

So if you mix is a good start 50/50 blend ? I noticed Peak is still out of stock on many paraffin + parasoy waxes. FO's are slowly back in stock, sugar cookie

as of last friday is back in stock !