More pics

KrazeKelly

Last night I made OMH and Bourbon Vanilla. My first time making Bourbon Vanilla so I kept it simple. I took out a portion to leave unscented and mixed gold and snowflake mica for it. I can't decide if it's ashing or if the snowflake mica is coming thru, maybe both?? But check out how the Pink Berries soap darkened up. Love it!! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Oooooh! The dark pink berries is really lovely! I think the gold mica swirls are pretty too. Everything looks great! Who's bourbon vanilla did you use? and how do you like it in soap?

I made a vanilla with real bourbon whiskey in it and real vanilla cavier and it smelled wonderful but came out very dark brown like a vanilla bean color. The bourbon was a pain in the patootie to work with. Also, the soap gave off a tannish lather. Would like to know if your vanilla bourbon darkens up and if it turns lather tan.

7 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Oooooh! The dark pink berries is really lovely! I think the gold mica swirls are pretty too. Everything looks great! Who's bourbon vanilla did you use? and how do you like it in soap?

I made a vanilla with real bourbon whiskey in it and real vanilla cavier and it smelled wonderful but came out very dark brown like a vanilla bean color. The bourbon was a pain in the patootie to work with. Also, the soap gave off a tannish lather. Would like to know if your vanilla bourbon darkens up and if it turns lather tan.

I used WSP and I can't say I love it or not right now. ? Since I just cut it and it still has that funky goats milk scent. I'll let you know in a day or so and if it darkens also. ? I would have liked to use some real bourbon but I drank it all. ?

Edited by KrazeKelly

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I know I've not been around for awhile and I know I'm no pro at swirling etc., but the dark one with the white and pink down the middle ... it's killing me to know what in the world is the swirl here and how in the world is it done? And so you're doing a tutorial when? :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!! I poured all the brown section first and since I knew it would go dark, I alternated the unscented pink and white just in the middle when I poured. Then, I put my trusty wooden spoon handle down thru the middle and just swirled a couple of times not going all the way to the edge. I didn't want to drag too much of the brown into the colored portion. I did not over swirl it, just one or twice and done. ? I love playing with soap. I thought I was finished but looks like I need to do 4 more large batches. Maybe tomorrow ?