I've got a burning question...

Hello,

I have been testing and testing and just had a thought/question. I am using C3 and have been testing various wick sizes. I am noticing on some of the testers the flame gets a little big and wild, yet the wax is slightly adhering to the jar. I'm confused by this. If the wax isn't clearing off the sides, but the flame is looking a little too big, then if I size it down one, won't I have an even bigger problem with the burn pool?? So my thought is... if I go down a size, would the wax possibly do better because the large flame is burning the wax too fast therefore leaving a wax film on the jar? Does this make sense?

Thanks

Lori

Actually what you said makes perfect sense and you are right.  People think that tunneling candle is using to small of wick when that is not usually the case. A wick that is to large will burn up the wax faster and some times so fast it can not create a wax pool that is usually when you obvious tunneling. To small a wick will usually drown out in the wax pool it creates. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...