TD in oil base

Candybee

I use olive oil. No issues as of yet. I don't really measure anything. If it's too thick I just add more oil. I got TD specks in my last soaps because I didn't leave enough room to shake it good and put too much TD so I had to add more oil after I made those soaps. 

• Like 1

I was thinking of using olive oil too. I am just getting tired of getting specks when I add it after I split out my bowls to color. I can add it before I add my lye but then it will be in all the batter and some batches I just want a small bowl with TD and not the whole affair. Hope that makes sense.

I was also thinking of glycerin. Will TD mix with vegetable glycerin? and if it does, will it stay mixed?

Just wondering if either oil or glycerin is best?

Make sure to use an oil you use in your batch or you will have to add it to your ingredient list. 

I use Almond oil when I mix mine, and I use only as much oil as to get it all mixed in. I use TD in almost every batch and the parts that need to be more white, I just add more to those parts. 

However, lately I have found that for me, it was easier to buy it already mixed up - so I got 2-32oz bottles from Soapsupplies.net (I think that was the place - it's based out of FL and was relatively inexpensive) 

But when I would mix it myself, that's how I would do it. 

• Like 1