Sparkling Limoncello

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

Aztec just introduced Sparkling Limoncello, and I was reminded of the thread months ago about Limoncello. This one is described as 'lemons, mint, and verbena' and it is really outstanding. I took it to the market last weekend (melts) and sold every unit I had within 3 hours. Very odd for me.

You can tell it's a layered fragrance, not just one note.

I think it's soap safe and I bet it soaps like a dream. I used to use BCN's Lemon Pucker in CP with some poppyseeds thrown in. I'm thinking this scent would be divine in a creamy CP.

Guest OldGlory

Moonstar, I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10 as far as strength of hot throw. Cold throw is really what sells it. My 10 would be the blueberry cobbler at Aztec and the blackberry sage at a 9. I would also give the birthday cake a 9. My list of fragrances from Aztec has grown a lot this year since I am retailing melts at a local market.

Faerywren, my thought is that they are very typical. I am lucky to be able to walk in to the showroom and smell everything before I buy it. Every supplier has duds and winners, and it's all pretty subjective. What truly sets them apart is that each month you are offered 5 one ounce bottles for $1 each, and they will happily ship it to you for less than $7. For $12 total, you get to try 5 new fragrances a month - and nobody else offers anything like that. It beats the heck out of being persuaded to try new scents based on the review from someone else. There is no substitution for trying a fragrance for yourself.

This may be a little off topic but I buy a Limoncello Cream lip balm flavor from EBB. Its my #1 seller in lip balms. So I am thinking a limoncello FO in candles or soap it should be awesome if the scent sticks.

BTW, Limoncello Cream is a variation of the popular Italian aperitif made with cream. Another variation is made with strawberries.

Edited by Candybee

3 hours ago, OldGlory said:

Moonstar, I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10 as far as strength of hot throw. Cold throw is really what sells it. My 10 would be the blueberry cobbler at Aztec and the blackberry sage at a 9. I would also give the birthday cake a 9. My list of fragrances from Aztec has grown a lot this year since I am retailing melts at a local market.

Faerywren, my thought is that they are very typical. I am lucky to be able to walk in to the showroom and smell everything before I buy it. Every supplier has duds and winners, and it's all pretty subjective. What truly sets them apart is that each month you are offered 5 one ounce bottles for $1 each, and they will happily ship it to you for less than $7. For $12 total, you get to try 5 new fragrances a month - and nobody else offers anything like that. It beats the heck out of being persuaded to try new scents based on the review from someone else. There is no substitution for trying a fragrance for yourself.

May have to do that then! Enabler!

• Like 1