Suppliers in the midwest - closest to MO

wow... just checked out their site, thanks for the link. I was surprised to see the amount of waxes they carry. 

Many of what I use they have as well. Interesting...

And you haven't had issues with the quality of consistency in the wax? I guess I am wondering... where do they get it ya know?

I'd like to try them but bit nervous about their quality and their quality control.

They are about 10-20% on their wax prices it seems but still save more then having to pay for shipping elsewhere.

Only after breaking down a couple of cases of the wax did I notice that the slab paraffin has a manufacture date which is a few years old. Makes me nervous but I have read that paraffin has an indefinite shelf life. It certainly seems no different than previous cases of the same wax which I store in big Rubbermaid bins. One bin is now full of the wax I picked up yesterday but the other bin is now a combination of the wax I picked up yesterday and the wax I had in use. Hope that I have no issues. Especially now that I commingled them before seeing the manufacture date.

My order is not shipped there from Illinois to fulfill my order. They must keep my wax on hand. Once I place the online order, I call and can arrange pick up right away if if works for me and them.

I'll continue to order from them unless some issue arises. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

wow... just checked out their site, thanks for the link. I was surprised to see the amount of waxes they carry. 

Many of what I use they have as well. Interesting...

And you haven't had issues with the quality of consistency in the wax? I guess I am wondering... where do they get it ya know?

I'd like to try them but bit nervous about their quality and their quality control.

They are about 10-20% on their wax prices it seems but still save more then having to pay for shipping elsewhere.

They are simply a distributor for DPS/Saco. The main facility in Illinois runs more like a typical wax supplier. 

Yes, the wax price is a bit higher but it is still far less than paying for shipping. I was paying $125 or more in shipping each order. My boxes are also in better shape. My cases that come to my door are typically dirty, broken in some way and wax is falling out of the corners. 

I wish the wax I picked up was manufactured more recently but I read and read last night about paraffin wax and unlimited shelf life. The consistency is exactly the same and the packaging is exactly the same as what I have gotten for years from Peak and Candle Science. 

Yes, these last 3 cases have not required me to dig cardboard out of the wax before using.

I wish we had a full wax supplier, like a Peak, NG or Candle Science where we could pick up things, smell new fragrances and really have a resource beyond a distributor. 

May have to just be happy with this if it continues to work out for me.

2 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

well just start out own then.... :)

HA! No, thanks. You start one and i will be your first customer!

In addition to my now nearly full time wax business, I have a 30 year career with that "little" Greeting Card company here in Kansas City.

Consider me at or past capacity!

35 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

haha nice.

my little boy (1 year old) just had some pics and video entered with you all for something.

I think its the same one anyway. fun fun

but nah.. im not starting a supply business. dont have the time or funds. :)

It is the best Greeting Card company in the world, so likely the same one!

With a 1 year old? You should have plenty of time, money and sleep-hahaha!!

Too bad. I'd buy plenty of wax from you!

yep just turned 1 couple weeks ago.

He also has two older brothes in grade school. 

So yes... busy busy. 

But its also why I do this. Its something I can involve them in little by little as they get older.

Nice family business ya know. Its enjoyable and they can learn a lot about math, science, business, and so on.

3 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

Yes, these last 3 cases have not required me to dig cardboard out of the wax before using.

I wish we had a full wax supplier, like a Peak, NG or Candle Science where we could pick up things, smell new fragrances and really have a resource beyond a distributor. 

May have to just be happy with this if it continues to work out for me.

I wonder if dps would send samples to him, because if I'm not mistaken, they carry fragrances. I was hoping they'd stock stearic because I don't want to pay shipping now lol.