Hi everyone!

Sugarfoot

Hi.  I'm relatively new to candlemaking.  I started about 3-4 years ago as a hobby.  I always burned candles at home and work and I hated throwing away the candle containers so I always kept them.  I also burned a lot of candles that left behind excess wax.  One day I got the bright idea to make a layered candle from the remnants of all my old candles.  I looked up a DIY vid on youtube and it started from there. 

I'm a hairdresser with my own studio.  I started giving away homemade candles as Christmas and birthday gifts to my clients.  Soon they started making orders and telling me that I should sell them.  So I did start selling them a few months ago around October 2015.  It's been going well.  I'm not very consistent because it's just a side hobby but I'm wanting to build on it.  I live in the Cincinnati area and I do a lot of shopping at the Candle Makers store.  I use GW444.  I've also ordered fragrances from AH/RE, Peak, CC and NG.  If anyone has any recommendations on really strong fragrances that work in 444, please let me know.  I like to make them strong because a few of my clients also have hair and nail studios and we need scents that will overpower all the products we work with doing our jobs. 

Currently I add fragrance at 180-185, pour when it starts to cling to the sides.  I use old salsa jars, old candle containers, (anything that has a lid and can be cleaned and reused) and I have purchased mason jar mugs as containers for the candles I sell.  I use CD wicks. 

I've been lurking this site for a long time.  I'm still more of a lurker with a few random posts scattered in.  Please feel free to contact me with any tips or things you've learned along the way. 

I personally like bakery, berry, citrus, herbal, tropical fruit scents.  My personal favorite candle is Volcano.  I'm not that picky as long as it's powerful I'll be impressed.   I'm not a huge fan of floral unless it's mixed with something else.  I'm trying to keep in mind that not everyone likes the same things as me and make more of a variety.  Thanks for reading my novella :).

• 2 weeks later...