Perfume/ rollerball question

EnvyCandles

I make some body sprays with premade base and FO.

I want to make rollerballs for myself.

Nothing fancy, just a few scents I normally wear... is there a premade base? Do I use the same body spray base and put it in a rollerball?  Something else?

Thanks!

I make my rollerball perfumes with fractionated coconut oil, jojoba, vitamin E and fragrance. Using a perfume base with a rollerball may leak. I'm a nurse and usually keep a rollerball in my scrub pocket. I've never had one leak on me, yet. :-)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Faerywren said:

I make my rollerball perfumes with fractionated coconut oil, jojoba, vitamin E and fragrance. Using a perfume base with a rollerball may leak. I'm a nurse and usually keep a rollerball in my scrub pocket. I've never had one leak on me, yet. :-)

Thank you so much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

wonder what it is about a perfume base that makes it leak in a rollerball ? interesting ... thank you :)

Most perfume bases are thin liquids. Using the thicker oil, in my opinion, helps with the not leaking. Maybe I've just been lucky with rollerballs, since I've heard about plenty of crafters who have had leaks!

Edited by Faerywren
  • Like 1

Makes sense Faeryren :) do you primarily EO's or fragrances ? Im having a hard time find a good coconut :( eden botanicals

has a coconut pulp c02 which is incredable but on the pricey side, so i use it for personal use. They also have a great cocoa

but its not oils soluble. 

yes... coconut, I think is hard to find a good one. the only one I've find that i like is bb fo - citrus coconut ... it's so good :) but a straight up coconut fo 

I can't find. Also, i just received a fo from wsp - beach, it had a ton of great reviews... did not care for it at all ! very perfumey + cheap smelling imo 

although the sun ripened strawberry was not too bad :)

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

yes... coconut, I think is hard to find a good one. the only one I've find that i like is bb fo - citrus coconut ... it's so good :) but a straight up coconut fo 

I can't find. Also, i just received a fo from wsp - beach, it had a ton of great reviews... did not care for it at all ! very perfumey + cheap smelling imo 

although the sun ripened strawberry was not too bad :)

I want to say I liked Caribbean Coconut from WSP, I used to mix it with pineapple with good results. The best one I've found was Tropical Element by Moonworks, sadly she is no longer in business but I bought 2 lbs before she closed.

• Like 1

Today I was at Anthropology and naturally Im drawn to the candles and bath + body section :) Im always amazed at how soft the candles smell yet when

you burn them they're really nice, not too strong . Personally, I don't like things that blow you out of the house, to me that smells cheap _personal preference

But the coconut scents they have always smell great - wish I could find a great coconut - my search continues !