C3 - Fillmore's Iced Lemon Biscotti - Testing Results

To all of those on here that have helped me in the past. I was previously listed under jtiff66578, ctiff123. Couldn't remember the passwords/user information, etc. so I started a new account.

I wanted to thank each of you for your help and support during my venture with candlemaking. I took a hiatus for a bit to get myself back on track.

Last Sunday, I pulled out my candle making supplies again. I made a candle and here's how I did it.

8 oz C3 wax

.7 oz frag oil - Fillmore's Iced Lemon Biscotti

2 drops of yellow Cajun dye

767 premier wick

I added the fragrance oil at 175. Stirred 3 minutes. Poured when slushy. I know you can pour c3 at a hotter temperature, but I pour when it is slushy and it sets up beautifully.

Test burn #1

5 days cure time

The melt pool was approx. 1/4" on the one side of the wick and had a bit of hang up on the other which I am confident that will burn off in the next burn or so. The scent throw was fantastic in my bedroom, bathroom and through most of my dining room in a three hour test. There was no smoking or flickering of the wick. No mushrooming of the wick.

I have previously tested this scent at 6% and 7% and did not get a scent throw as nice as at 9%. Overall very happy with this result.

Isn't it a great feeling to finally figure it all out.  I find with C3 that some of those stronger scents I can only use .7 or .8 of fo to get not only a good throw but also to

prevent seeping of the fo.  That particular scent is one of them.  The cinnamon red hot candy is another that comes to mind off hand, no matter the supplier.