Help with shipping USPS

EnvyCandles

Ok so when I mail 4 packs of clamshell melts, USPS charges me around $4.30-$4.60 for First Class.  This is in a bubble mailer, paid at the post office.

When I go online to print postage myself, priority mail is $5.05.  Now:

Can I ship First Class if I print postage myself?

Why would the cost be much higher if I print it myself?

Regional Rate- I cannot find where, on the USPS website, to set up labels for regional rate. (I already have boxes)

HELP!!

Thanks!

USPS.com does not at this time allow you to print First Class labels. It's a pain. My work around is to use PayPal's ShipNow feature. Works just like if you received the order through PayPal, but allows you to enter the ship to info yourself.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

The rates through Paypal are comparable with USPS, often a little lower - guessing because of PayPal's contract rates with USPS.

Regional Rates: When creating a label using USPS,com after you type the weight, etc. and click the button to compute the rate options, Regionals show up with the other priority options. If the weight is too high for the regional limits the regionals do not show in the list.

• Like 1

USPS.com does not at this time allow you to print First Class labels. It's a pain. My work around is to use PayPal's ShipNow feature. Works just like if you received the order through PayPal, but allows you to enter the ship to info yourself.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

The rates through Paypal are comparable with USPS, often a little lower - guessing because of PayPal's contract rates with USPS.

Regional Rates: When creating a label using USPS,com after you type the weight, etc. and click the button to compute the rate options, Regionals show up with the other priority options. If the weight is too high for the regional limits the regionals do not show in the list.

WOWZA

You are amazing! Yes, you can totally do First Class through Paypal, THANK you for the link, AND, yes, the address I put in did not qualify for Regional....  I changed the address and the regional options were there!

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Thank you for this information!  This came just in time! I just received a small order from my website and the USPS site was not letting me print the label for first class.  I figured I would have to make a special trip to the post office.  Now I don't have to!   :yay:

• Like 1

I cannot imagine having to go to the post office for (almost) anything LOL

It is just frustrating, the cost of mailing clamshells is so high compared to the cost!!  Heavy jars I can understand, but  clamshells is almost the price of a small flat rate box!!!

*shudder*

I cannot imagine having to go to the post office for (almost) anything LOL

It is just frustrating, the cost of mailing clamshells is so high compared to the cost!!  Heavy jars I can understand, but  clamshells is almost the price of a small flat rate box!!!

*shudder*

It's a good time to convince peeps to buy just a wee bit more to "save" on shipping ;)

no. the link I posted above works just as if the order was placed through paypal, but you can type in the name and address info :) It has saved me many miles to the PO!

I bookmarked that link because when I went into my PayPal account I could not find such a creature anywhere!  Thank you for the link!