Soapmaker program

Candybee

I am thinking of buying the program. Specifically the professional version soapmaker program as it has inventory, invoicing, taxes, etc. which I could definitely use.

Just want to ask those of you who already have it what you like or don't like about the program. Thanks for any info you care to share.

Edited by Candybee

Hi, yes I purchase before I made my Ist cp soap,it's great,I can creat my own recipes and print them out with my notes. For instance I made a soap and the fragrance turned to brown, so I updated my recipes and put that in my notes,it keep track of your inventory and eqipment,just remember when you purchase it put all your supplies,cost etc,then when you create your recipes it will tell you how much it cost to make it and the price of each bar it cost, it's the best thing since peanut butter,lol.

I print out a picture of my soap and put it in my folder with the recipes and it will give you your ingredient to copy and past to put on your labels.

• Like 2

I absolutely LOVE it. I don't like the set up, but once that's done, it's done, and you only have to add when you purchase new supplies. Keep it up to date and it's a dream. it has graphs/charts so you can compare your recipes, you can tell it which mold you are going to use (after you set that up of course) and it will tell you everything you need to know. So yes, once it's set up (which I can't stress enough setting it up is a PITA) but yes, once it's set up it is an absolute dream to work with. I even put all of my candlemaking supplies in it and can use it for that. 

Also makes tax time at the end of they year a simple couple clicks and you have all the information you need without the headache of trying to figure everything out. I don't know what I would do without it. 

You can set defaults so that every recipe you create has the same superfat and/or water percentage, or you can customize your recipes depending on what you want. It's completely customizable I've had mine since it was still in Beta testing and only $45. All updates are included in the price you pay as well.

Even at the now higher price of $99 (I think it is now? IDK) I think it is well worth it, and will never go without it. Since I've had it I rarely use soapcalc at all. The only reason I use soapcalc now is if I'm at a friends house soaping and forget my laptop. LOL  

Thanks you guys!

Well I went and purchased it yesterday. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to open the program up on my computer after I downloaded it. (I am so used to most programs loading it for you!)

Anyway, I played with it about 20 minutes and plugged in one of my simplest basic recipes to see how it worked. So far I am liking it but still need to play around with it a lot.

I plan to use the down time between craft show seasons to load all my inventory and supplies, recipes, etc. I figure that will keep me busy for a while. I think once I get it loaded and figured out I am going to also use it for my lotions, lip balms, and candles too.

Does anyone know if Soapmaker3 is compatable to any other programs? Like merging info from other programs like excel, quickbooks, cash register program sales, etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Would this program be compatible for candle making as well, or is simply for soap making? I've been making candles now for awhile and having pretty good success, so I think I'm ready to start spreading my wings a bit. I am trying my hand at lotions right now, but would LOVE to start learning to make soaps. To help with taxes, I'm trying to find a program that would well for both. Any advice? Thanks.

Would this program be compatible for candle making as well, or is simply for soap making? I've been making candles now for awhile and having pretty good success, so I think I'm ready to start spreading my wings a bit. I am trying my hand at lotions right now, but would LOVE to start learning to make soaps. To help with taxes, I'm trying to find a program that would well for both. Any advice? Thanks.

I use it for my candle making as well as soaps, lotions, bath-bombs, etc.,

• Like 1

Spent the better part of yesterday loading in my soaping oils. That may sound like I have a lot but really its mostly just trying to learn how to use the program. After I got the oils in I double checked my notes and the prices are off on some. Sigh... means I gotta go back and redo those oils.

I am frustrated because I can't see how to edit a purchase. Looks like I have to reload it as a new purchase and delete the incorrect one. Pain in the patootie. Anyone know how to edit an oil purchase without having to do all that? I have to fix it or my soap prices will be off.

hi, sry for posting late, but go to supplies, then click on supply order report and if you see the order wth the company name that u purchased it from double click, then you can change the price.

Bless you! It works!! thank you, thank you, thank you Unique Candles!! Phew... what a load off not having to reload the whole order again!!

Okay, my oils are loaded, I still have to load my EOs, FOs, Packaging, Labels, Colorants, Additives, yada, yada, yada! This could take a while! LOL EOs and FOs alone could take me several days to load. Most of my stuff (about 99%) I have to look up the prices because they are items I have in stock I want to log into the program. Once I have everything logged in then I can enter new purchases as I make them. I can see that this program can end up being a pain if you don't keep on top of things.

Edited by Candybee

Candy - there is also a Facebook group specifically for SM3 users and questions/problems. 

If you are on FB you should look for it and check it out. It seems to be pretty helpful... 

Also, there are TONS and TONS of youtube videos on it too. :) 

• Like 1

also if you use fo/eo oil blend, you can make a new folder under fo and just enter all your fo/eo fragrance. I have had it for awhile and forgot to save by recipes before I took my laptop to the shop and had to enter about 100pages, but I learned more after I messed up.

• Like 1

I saw a section for "blends" with a sample EO recipe blend I think. Thanks Uniquecandles for reminding me. I will use it as I have several EO blends.

JC-- I have a facebook account under my old company name and haven't had the time yet to figure out how to change or close it. That's a big reason why I don't use facebook much. I really need to go into my account and figure out how to set up my new soap company or delete the old acct. Everything I've tried so far hasn't worked, but then I really haven't had time to really work on it.