Blending your own parasoy

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

After my recent issue with 6006 I decided to blend my own parasoy. I started with 4630 and 464 - 70/30, 60/40, and 50/50. They all leave weird wax patterns on the side and pretty large wet spots.

Has anyone had luck blending a parasoy?

I've done it but I'm still in the testing stage. I have done 75/25, 70/30, 60/40 and 50/50 with my J50/464 - so far my favorite blend is 60/40. No frosting, no worse wet spots than with my straight paraffin, and great scent throw when I can get the wicking correct. 

I have 2 parasoy blends that worked well for me; one a 75/25 soy to paraffin, and the other 50/50 soy/paraffin. I prefer the Ecosoya soy container blend with a J wax. Had to give up soy though because it made my skin break out in a horrible rash. That's why I ended up switching to palm.

The 6006 itself is made from a wax with a consistency closer to IGI 4627 and 415 blended at 70/30. The Soy in that is only about 30%. 4630 is much harder than the base used for 6006 and using too much soy causes it to pull away and stick all at the same time, like you are seeing.

Guest OldGlory

All the variations I tried stuck and pulled away - 70/30, 60/40. and 50/50. Back to the drawing board with waxes.

In the meantime I am trying another already blended parasoy from another company.

Because 4630 itself will. Have you tried the 4627 as the base? It's VERY sticky and Very soft. Combining the two makes the same butter soft texture as 6006 has. I've worked with every IGI wax over the years pretty extensively and I would bet dollars to donuts the 4627 is the base.