J223

Roylaura, I have only recently started experimenting with this wax based on posts from this forum, so I do have limited experience. However, I have had some recent wins with the LX wicks as well. More specifically J223 with an LX 20, no color, 6 percent fragrance in a 16 oz wide mouth mason. The zincs definitly do well also, but I have definitly had a good outcome with this combination and am happy to finally be able to share a success!!

• Like 2

Awwww... the soot!! I have to agree I tended to like my parasoy candles better for the same reason. But using one of the J waxes as your paraffin makes a really good parasoy.

Nancy-- I tried LX wicks in J223. The wicks burn lovely in the wax but I just didn't get the great hot throw I get with zincs. Maybe you have better luck but I couldn't get past the poor HT in my candles.

I do have good HT using LX in pillars though with either paraffin or parasoy waxes.

Edited by Candybee

Candybee, In retrospect, the fragrance in my successful candle was "Tobacco" from Aztec, and it's been a fragrance that's just amazing all the way around. :) I have been practicing with blending 6006 with some additional soy based on recommendations from this forum and you are so right! Much less sooting!

Awwww... the soot!! I have to agree I tended to like my parasoy candles better for the same reason. But using one of the J waxes as your paraffin makes a really good parasoy.

Nancy-- I tried LX wicks in J223. The wicks burn lovely in the wax but I just didn't get the great hot throw I get with zincs. Maybe you have better luck but I couldn't get past the poor HT in my candles.

I do have good HT using LX in pillars though with either paraffin or parasoy waxes.