I have been out of candle making for a long time.....

Better is suggestive. I think it's a personal preference type of thing. I use 4794 and like it very much, but I also use 4625, a granulated votive wax, a granulated pillar wax, etc., I use them all, sometimes I mix them, sometimes I don't. 

I know this wasn't really an answer, but it's the best I have. 

Testing is the key to finding something you love. 

I still have a case of 4794 that is about 6 years old or so...it should still be OK, right?

And, yes, I know better is a broad term...I was just wondering if there was something else that has come out in my absence that I absolutely had to check out that would rock my world :)

Guest OldGlory

I don't remember how long ago I started using 6006, but it is a parasoy container wax - I have been told about 70% paraffin, 30% soy by the supplier. I usually boost it with a little extra soy wax, maybe 5%. No frosting and good cold and hot throw and you can load it up with FO.

Also, there is a new parasoy that is granulated which I have not used yet. Flaming Candle carries it, and my sister received a box of it while I was visiting her. I wish I'd had the chance to test it but I didn't have time. It looks like it could be a versatile wax and I love the teeny granules - so easy to measure out. They recommend tarts/melts so it was a good choice for my sister who is 68 - very easy to work with, and she only makes tarts/melts.

I think 416 soy is pretty new - it is a tart/melt wax. It is harder than other soys, but holy cow does it ever FROST! I am not very impressed with it personally, but I have a fussy client who insists on 100% soy.