Calculation question - labeling and packing

ubure

Hi there,

I have an order where I have to do the labeling and packing in boxes. These are custom made candles with their own labels and boxes and I get paid for doing that job. I have no idea however how much to charge for this (for 1000 candles). Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Guest OldGlory

Are you also printing the labels? If everything is already supplied for you and all you are doing is to put the labels on the candles and put them in the box, (and any other labor is involved) I would charge by the hour. Figure out how much of the labor you can do in an hour and multiply.

Thanks for the input! I get everything supplied, only have to put the labels on the candles and put them in boxes.I guess I need two minutes per candle. How much do you charge for an hour of such work? I only every had fixed prices on my candles, but these are separate working steps.

If you work another job then pay yourself what you make there. If you do not work elsewhere then you want to pay yourself at least 5 dollars more than the minimum wage in your area.

You just need to pay yourself a decent wage. You would expect to make a decent wage from any employer so you should pay yourself like you had taken a job.