Candle-Aire Warmers

Alajane

Have any of you tried these new warmers from CandleWarmers?  They require special 4-oz containers of wax and have a fan to distribute the scent better.  It looks like you use them with the lid on since they have vents on the side.

I bit the bullet and ordered a case of them--for my cat!  At least he was my excuse; I wanted to try one but wouldn't pay the 40 bucks they cost, so I got a case at the wholesale price and will hope they sell.  If not, I'll have some nice Christmas gifts on hand!

Oh, about the cat--he's a long-hair and evidently got his tail in the wax, then swished it up onto his back.  We couldn't figure out why his hair was so matted; on close examination it looked like wax, so I'm assuming that's what happened.  Had to cut a swath of his beautiful hair (about 4 inches long), down to the skin. He looked really pitiful for a week until it started growing back in.

So I figured a warmer I can use closed (hopefully) was a good thing for me to try, and maybe a marketing tool for other pet owners.

OldGlory I was wondering. I thought they were expensive, the warmers .. Aztec had the blanks to fill but im not sure... they are cute don't get me wrong.. but is it worth the cost.. I would like to use for Christmas baskets but I don't have time to test my wax and the tins

Guest OldGlory

If it were me paying for a system and I could choose a system that cost me $20 for a warmer and $4 for a clamshell of wax OR pay $60 for a warmer with a fan and $8 for the same amount of wax .... ummmm....

I agree about the expense, and I have no idea if they'll sell or not.  I got mine unpacked last night and tried it out immediately.  Of course I didn't have a filled scent container for it, but had ordered some so I emptied a full (3-oz) pack of wax melts into the "blank" and fired it up.  The scent throw was fine--I really couldn't tell any difference between the scent throw from this and my normal warmer from the same manufacturer.  I really don't believe people are going to want to pay twice what the regular warmers cost, and then the cost for a filled container that cost me $2 wholesale (the least I think I could charge for them is $5 when filled with 4 ounces of wax). And I really couldn't see a difference in the scent throw from that container (I had 3 oz of wax in it) and the 2 blocks (1 oz) I normally used in my regular warmer.

For my purposes, I'll enjoy using it because it's covered and I won't have to worry about the cat getting into it, but I have a feeling I'll be giving most of the case I purchased as Christmas gifts!  Because the "blanks" are so expensive (relative to clamshells), I'll probably tell customers they can refill them from their clamshells like I did--I can't really see any difference.  Think I'll test it this weekend with just 2 chunks from a clamshell to see if the throw is at least as good as a regular warmer.

I do know there are some people for whom price is no object, and I think they would like the convenience of taking out the old container and replacing it with a new one without touching the wax, but I'm pretty sure my regular customers are concerned with costs.

I'd love to hear anyone else's comments if you try them.

Jane 

• 3 weeks later...

I agree about the expense, and I have no idea if they'll sell or not.  I got mine unpacked last night and tried it out immediately.  Of course I didn't have a filled scent container for it, but had ordered some so I emptied a full (3-oz) pack of wax melts into the "blank" and fired it up.  The scent throw was fine--I really couldn't tell any difference between the scent throw from this and my normal warmer from the same manufacturer.  I really don't believe people are going to want to pay twice what the regular warmers cost, and then the cost for a filled container that cost me $2 wholesale (the least I think I could charge for them is $5 when filled with 4 ounces of wax). And I really couldn't see a difference in the scent throw from that container (I had 3 oz of wax in it) and the 2 blocks (1 oz) I normally used in my regular warmer.

For my purposes, I'll enjoy using it because it's covered and I won't have to worry about the cat getting into it, but I have a feeling I'll be giving most of the case I purchased as Christmas gifts!  Because the "blanks" are so expensive (relative to clamshells), I'll probably tell customers they can refill them from their clamshells like I did--I can't really see any difference.  Think I'll test it this weekend with just 2 chunks from a clamshell to see if the throw is at least as good as a regular warmer.

I do know there are some people for whom price is no object, and I think they would like the convenience of taking out the old container and replacing it with a new one without touching the wax, but I'm pretty sure my regular customers are concerned with costs.

I'd love to hear anyone else's comments if you try them.

Jane

You know Jane...I seen this thread and went sniffing around the Aztec site tonight and I did not realize that Aztec exclusively offers the tins that WE can fill for our customers with the scent they desire (LOVE THAT and the customers sure would too!) Hmmm....I won't be ordering any this Fall or Winter, but next Spring, I am thinking of getting a case of these (I really like the Tuscan Cream and the Mediterranean) JUST to see what the customers think..the lid gives them a more exotic/clean/upscale look I think....and they always love something new and to some customers...expense is nothing. :) What do you think of yours by now?

• 2 weeks later...

puma52, actually I'm still feeling ambivalent about it.  I don't think the scent throw is any better than a regular warmer and really can't imagine people wanting to pay that much.  Another issue for me is that I only sell at craft shows (I'm also employed full-time) and won't have an avenue for show customers to get refills easily.  That's why I plan to tell them they can refill from the wax melts.  I have a show coming up weekend after next and am not sure whether to even take them or not because it's a yearly show a good distance from me, so I'm not likely to see any customers regularly.  I may wait for my next "regular" market; there are several customers there who call me for orders so I think that might work better for me.  I had a wholesale account with a more upscale boutique for several years but they recently went out of business;  most of my customers are definitely concerned with cost, so I also plan to offer refills of the blanks.

Hi Alajane,

Hmmm...well if you do take them to your show weekend after next/or "regular" market, I would love to hear how they did, what people think of them. Feedback...all that. In the meantime though...have an awesome show...hope you sell tons of your product! :)

• 2 years later...