How to tell an FO has been cut?

ginab65

I bought a bottle of fragrance oil from someone on Ebay who I'd never tried before. The oil I received has a less than impressive scent in quality and strength and it has a chemical smell to it, not like my other oils. I want to get a refund if I can show it's cut. They also advertise them as concentrates that are stronger than fragrance oils and require less. I thought that FO's in their true form and uncut were the strongest form of scent. Either way, I made a room spray at 3 ml to 4 ounces and it's nowhere near as strong as any of my others. It's pumpkin pie so it should be all that mild.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's a cut scent, it just could be a lousy FO.  I don't honestly know how you would prove it's cut, as all FO's are mostly chemical based.  Unfortunately, people can say anything about anything now-a-days and one of the reasons I don't buy FO's from people on Ebay that I don't know.  There are a few good ones, as have been listed in this section, but I don't think there are many.  Maybe someone else would have any idea if you can tell.  Sorry you got ripped. 

• Like 3