Candle Making Convention

I'd love to meet all the great folks who

Man, I would so love to go... But that is the weekend (I think) my friend is coming here. Maybe next time the convention happens I'll go. It's a great price for a convention... 

I would just love to meet you and all the other great folks who are on here Jcandleattic! :yes: I did not go to the convention Aztec had before so I thought it was about time to get to meeting some of the great folks in this area and I am also looking forward to meeting some of the great folks who are on this blog and are planning to come. :) We hope to see you at the next convention they have, but in the meantime have a wonderful visit with your friend! :)

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

I am HOPING to go, but still not 100% certain. I've started going to farmer's markets and really need to find a Saturday market which would eliminate the convention for me. It would be 3 or 4 pm before I could get to Knoxville after I drove home, took a shower, etc. I will keep you posted!

I would love to go and meet you all. Unfortunately, with all the rain we've had lately, I'm expecting to still be cutting hay. A farmer's work is never done!

Edited by MLG

I would love to go and meet you all. Unfortunately, with all the rain we've had lately, I'm expecting to still be cutting hay. A farmer's work is never done!

Let me tell ya....we appreciate our farmers and know how much work you all do. Hopefully we can meet next time the convention rolls around. :)

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

Since I live here, why don't you let me make some phone calls and see what's closest. I'll let you know soon.

Boy, time is running out and I still want to come.  Yes, that would be great Old Glory if you could find some cheapy's.   Boy, I hope my truck will make it.  If you change your mind MLG, I could buy some hay from you for my horses and bring back with me.....lol.....seriously!

Trappeur

• Like 2

Yes, I thought I would be able to find a friend to go with but everyone has plans that weekend. They just don't know what they are missing though! My husband still thinks I am insane for going lol.

Guest OldGlory

The cheap hotels in downtown Knoxville wouldn't be where you would want to stay - trust me on that. They are for more transient guests (if you get my drift). I can't even think of a hotel within walking distance of the convention center, but like I said, I will investigate a bit and get back with you. My guess is that a room within 2 miles is going to run $150 and up. There are lots of hotels 5-10 miles away, but you are still looking at $100 a night or more.

Check back in tomorrow night!

Becky, if you want, we could share a room.  And I have a truck/vehicle so we don't have to stay within walking distance.  It would be nice but if we can get a cheaper rate of a room and have to go 10 miles, that's no biggy.

Trapper

Guest OldGlory

Ok, I have been trying to find the name of the hotel Aztec is suggesting, but my piece of %% computer won't open the file (after 20 minutes of waiting). So, I will give you the info Terri gave me, coupled with the info I already know about the area, and you can take it from there.

Terri says the hotel they suggest is within walking distance of the convention center. You get free parking at the hotel. If you stay elsewhere and drive in, you will have to pay for parking. That could be in the $5-$10 range for all day parking per day. You are looking at 3 days.

Terri said if you stay at the hotel they suggest and mention the convention for Aztec when you make the reservation you can get a 10% discount. She also mentioned that you can purchase an upgrade which other convention attendees have said is well worth it. I think the room is $109 plus tax (figure around $15 for tax on $109).

What I know is that you can find a room for around $100 about 15 miles away at Strawberry Plains Pike which is east Knoxville, but these are older lower quality places. And then you have driving and parking to contend with.

You might be able to find something on Orbitz, or another 3rd party website for less. If you have time, you can check that out.

If it were me, (and I would want a bargain) I would stay at the hotel near the convention center and make things easier on myself. The money is going to be about the same once you tack on gas and parking.