4627 and 4794 blend

paintednightsky

It seemed in testing this blend seemed to do really well, but now I'm not so sure.  Has anyone used this blend before?  I tried half and half and initially it seemed to be very strong and last long but now it is weird with other scents it seems like the scent isn't there at first and then when I melt it again it is stronger.  Like the scent throw starts off weak at first and takes a while to go?  Or comes and goes?  It has been strange all of a sudden it isn't throwing like it was with initial testing.

I've personally never used this blend but I have used 4794 alone. It seemed to do well at first, but did't last long. There are other factors that will affect scent throw and there are a lot of people on here with much more experience than me that can give you some great advice. Some things that can affect the throw is air conditioning, where the warmer is located, type of warmer, ceiling fans etc. I've read on here that most don't like testing during the summer because of ac being a factor.

The FO you're using may not have a long throw too. 

I personally like 4625 better than 4794 and I mix it with 4630 or 4633. I've never used 4627 at all but I've read where some use it and mix it with great results.

HTH

I don't think looking for something better ever stops LOL! Right now I think I have my wax blend down to where I want it for good but if I read on here that someone used to use it and switched to something else with what they feel are better results then I'm likely to try a different blend.  *shudder*

I really like 4794 but in my opinion, 4625 has a longer throw. That's just my opinion though.

• Like 3

Becky, that is exactly what I did so I think it is my nose being super desensitized since it was so strong and now nothing :(  I had my parasoy formula for quite awhile that I've had good results with, but I've always tested for better a long the way anyway.  Pure paraffin just seems to get the best results.  I think 4625 probably has a longer throw because of the higher melt point so it does make sense.