testing tin

So i am switching from the small salsa jar to the 8oz tin. This is my test pic. 444 wax and i am testing eco and cd wicks. Candles Were left to cure for a week. They have been burning for 31/2 hours. Any comments on the burn? Flame?melt pool? Here are pics

post-9430-0-74766400-1426865927_thumb.jp

post-9430-0-75631200-1426865953_thumb.jp

I can't really tell, but, if they have reached full melt pool already, by the time they get 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down, they will be way too hot.  Burn them all the way down and see what happens.  You may want to go down a wick size and test again.  My tins don't get a full melt pool till they are a little more than 1/2 way down.  Any residual wax on the sides cleans up nicely from the heat of the tin.  

I also put a warning on my tins to put them on a coaster or something to keep them from directly sitting on wood furniture, as the heat of the tin can and will harm the wood.

Guest OldGlory

You are really close, Mannie. The flame looks a bit large to me. I would try wicking down one size. This is what I love about the Premier wicks - there are so many sizes it's easier to go up or down one size without a big difference. They really fine tune the burn.

You will love these tins!

Hi Mannie,

I ditto exactly what Chris and Old Glory said....

So they are the eco and cd wicks?  hmmmm you can't even tell which burns faster or better as they are so neck and neck with one another.

Can you tell which one has a better scent throw?

Oh yes, that is a beautiful color .......just beautiful...is it a red or cranberry?  What scent did you use?

Trappeur

Thanks every one for chiming in, will take advice and test again.  Trappeur  the fragrance I used in Magnolia in Bloom from NG first time using their fragrance, it is kinda light used 6% maybe i will use a little more next test.