Day 5 pictures of test burn on 20oz tureen

Ok, here is day 5 testing going on the 20 oz tureen.  This was a 4 hour burn with cd 8's in 464 wax.    All the hang up is just about cleaned up.  Now the melt depth is the deepest it has gotten (1/2").  I don't liked to go over that as I try to usually keep a 3/8" depth.   The throw is very nice but not strong.  Now would this be acceptable to you with this 1/2" depth?  Like I've been saying the next tureen I do, I'm putting the wicks closer.  If I were to change wicking I would do a 3 wick jobby, like maybe 3 cd 4 or 3 cd5....

I wanted to say if everyone thinks I shouldn't be posting all these pictures like I have been doing of testings just let me know and I'll stop.  I myself like to see pictures of people's work here and of testings as when I can see a visual picture of something being explained, it stays in my mind better as I'm always learning here from everyone and I thought too of the newbies that come here and thought it would help them with mistakes made...It won't hurt my feelings if you prefer me to stop.

Trappeur

CIMG2256.jpg

CIMG2251.jpg

CIMG2255.jpg

Absolutely keep posting the photo's!  I like visuals too.  Some of us are visual people...and as far as I am concerned, having photo's gives

others an "idea" what to look for.  

How does the jar feel?  I think the melt pool looks good...does the jar feel hot at all?

I love the pictures. If someone has an issue with it, they can simply not click into the thread.

Pictures of other people's candle burns are very helpful.

I think it looks great. 1/2" in at the top of my range for a melt pool that I personally am comfortable with, but for a pic being at the end of your 5th burn I think it looks great.

Edited by amanda

Guest OldGlory

You know, as an artisan, I think you have to find that sweet spot for any candle you make. It's not going to be the same for different jar styles and sizes - that's why we test so thoroughly.

To me, it still looks good. I would also ask if the jar is really hot.

Well, I burned the candle longer than 4 hours (I forgot again). Dang!  Burned for about 6 hours and yes the jar was getting hot but not that bad to be quite honest.  It was the hottest at the top rim but like everyone has said, I need to move the wicks closer together on the next try this weekend.

Question:  Do  you think that by moving the wicks closer together, it will slow down the depth of the melt pool and make it not as deep?

This jar is a dang booger to master a week I can tell you that.

Trappeur