Dyes & Scents

Hi, I am also new to candle making, and I would not suggest using pourpori sents in candle wax. I am not sure what the chemical reaction would be. Also when I see pourpori oil on a web site with candle supplies it is always in a different area. Your best bet would be to do a search and see if you can find anything. Sorry I could not be more help.

Connie

You can not use food coloring to dye a candle. they are water based.

I did try once yearssss ago. The food coloring seeped out of the candle (for the most part) I was sure there was some inside in pockets so I threw it out. Would not have been safe to burn

Howdy and welcome to the board :)

Candlemaking can be very expensive, but there are ways to keep your costs down. The most important thing is to use quality supplies. If you try to "get by" with cheap stuff (speaking of quallity) you'll end up with a cheap and poorly burning candle, if it will burn at all.

For coloring, a good start is to buy 3 small bottles of quality liquid dye. Red, blue and yellow. You can make any other color from those three. Some colors are more difficult and will take more time to get. True that you can buy chips for what ever color you want, but that severely limits what colors you can make from it. I started with chips, then wanting more variety, I bought the primary dyes. Course, now I have a couple dozen bottles cuz I'm getting lazy at mixing the colors I want :grin2: And the dye co-op was just too good to pass up...LOL