Getting a new mold

Candybee

When I get paid this week I am going to buy a new mold from Nurture. Been wanting one of theirs for a while and thought I might as well get it.

What decided it for me was watching some videos on the Taiwan swirl. So I am getting this mold and dividers so I can do the swirl:

https://nurturesoap.com/loaf-soap-molds/222-5-pound-basic-loaf-mold.html

https://nurturesoap.com/soap-making-tools/228-swirl-divider-for-5-pound-silicone-liners.html

When I get it I will try out the swirl and show pics. The videos make it look so easy. LOL

Ah, if it was the 2lb one you wanted instead, I have one. Never use it. (well, I used it once but not since) 

but it is a great little mold. I think you will be thrilled with it, and I too want to get some dividers, to try and do some type of swirling. I want them to do the secret feather. LOVE that swirl. But can't duplicate the first time I did it unfortunately. 

• Like 1

8-Gran-ones and JC, I can't wait to get it and yes you can do the butterfly swirl in that. I need to find a really good video for the butterfly swirl and the feather swirl. I watched both and one had the mold on the side of the video so you couldn't really see much. The other vid I think part of the technique was cut so I didn't really catch all of each. So I will keep looking.

I really want to do the Taiwan one thou. The vid I saw made it look too easy! LOL

Unique Candles-- don't know if you can do that with M&P. You can try but with M&P you may not get the same effect no matter how careful you are. All you can do is give it a try and see.

I was waiting for her to cut it! LOL

I saw the one from Handmade in Florida. On both videos they only do the actual 'swirl' on half of one side. I think that's what threw me the first time I saw it. I thought I missed some of the swirling part but I guess thats how you do it.

JCA, that is beautiful.  Wasn't tempted to do the feather swirl but am now based on your posts.  CB, I have the Nurture 2.5 lb mold, bought during the sale, it is a really good, heavy duty, no bow one.  If you want to do tester sizings, though, the WSP/Crafter's choice is also v. good and cheap, definitely recommend for small batches.

The feather swirl is fun, and can yield some beautiful results. 

The above pics are not mine. They belong to the same lady that did the video and I'm sorry, but I forget her name. She is in a couple soaping groups on FB that I am in, and she can consistently get the same effect on her swirls. It's amazing to me. Every time I try I feel like I'm doing the exact same thing, but it always comes out different!! HA 

The mold is on its way! Yippee!!

I also ordered the dividers for swirling and some more colors. Some of the vibrance in pink, yellow, orange, green and a few others I want to try; shimmer gold, snowflake white, copper penny, brilliant blue, and apple green. I can't wait!

Today I used my new mold and attempted my very first Taiwan swirl. I am so excited but man oh man was it the messiest soapmaking I ever did! Cleanup was a nightmare! I think I used half a roll of paper towels! :laugh2:

I sure hope it came out right but I know I messed it up. It's in the mold all wrapped up so I won't know until tomorrow how it came out. I used my coconut castile recipe so I had plenty of time to work with it. Its a good thing I did too!

• Like 1

Today I used my new mold and attempted my very first Taiwan swirl. I am so excited but man oh man was it the messiest soapmaking I ever did! Cleanup was a nightmare! I think I used half a roll of paper towels! :laugh2:

I sure hope it came out right but I know I messed it up. It's in the mold all wrapped up so I won't know until tomorrow how it came out. I used my coconut castile recipe so I had plenty of time to work with it. Its a good thing I did too!

I hope it came out right for you too!! 

I've tried that swirl like a million times (LOL not literally, but a ton of times) and I have NEVER been able to do it, except once, but I was doing the peacock swirl, so messed it up. Haven't been able to do one since. 

Can't wait to see the pics of that one! 

• Like 1