Cheap/good tall and skinny wooden molds

not_ally

Oops, just realized that it was Peaks which did not stick, so will have to try the SLZ in cp.  Did you find the SLZ one held well?

Soapalooza's Hawaiian Sandalwood actually sticks nicely in my CP soap. It's light to begin with but very nice and mellow. Very coconuty but the sandalwood just isn't there.

Warning: it riced in my CP and seperated at 1oz PPO. I did manage to SB the crud out of it to get the oil and ricing under control. But in the mold the oil continued to seep a bit. Had to blot it but once cured was absolutely lovely!

Next I tried it at .7% PPO and that was perfect. I even added a bit of cedar EO to it but the cedar faded. Next I will try it with Peaks Asian Sandalwood. Peaks AS sticks like glue so maybe that combo of coconut and sandalwood will work out. If I try it I;ll let you know.

I just tried AH's Hawaiian Sandalwood at 1oz PPO last Sunday. After 1 week its curing nicely but still very light. But some of the scent is coming back so I am hoping more comes out while its curing.  I used cocoa powder to make chocolate colored swirls and when I put the soap up to my nose I get a hint of cocoa scent. I am thinking of maybe trying to mix a little chocolate scent in with the Hawaiian Sandalwood next time and see if that anchors the scent but doesn't turn it into a chocolate bar. KWIM?

• Like 1

Just got my package.  All beautifully made and fitted,  and the whole kit (mold, top, dividers, swirl tool) is cheaper than just the mold at BB.  Definitely the best wooden mold I have ever ordered.  I am super excited, off to make soap.

CB, edited what I thought was this post and it wasn't, hope it works this time ...

Composed a long windy edit to the last post, but it vanished. Summary: thank you for the usage amount advice on the SLZ FO, would definitely have gone too high otherwise (I like smells strong, plus coconut fades so much usually.)

Also, KWYM about chocolate bar scent. I really like Gemlite's cocoa cardomom FO, pretty and a tiny bit spicy. Test it first, their scents can be iffy , but testers are cheap, just make sure you order multiple testers depending on the tester/batch you are making, their testers are tiny (about a third of an oz, although they come in lovely little glass bottles:). I added a bit of Gemlite tangerine EO ( a keeper for me), BB litsea EO (my favorite litsea) to anchor, and some SLZ red sandal FO. Very nice, warm, masculine combo and sticking hard a couple of weeks out, will let you know if that changes.

Also, would love to know about the Peak's AS, do update if you have a chance and remember.

Edited by not_ally

Is there a link you could share for the mixing of m&p with cp soap?

I have thought of that but didn't know if it

was possible..

i have made lots of cp soap..but m&p is new to me.

www.americansoapsupplies.com has a TSM. They sell the dividers for the TSM mold also and the swirling tool for the same.  The TSM were on sale last week for $21.75 ea. I got 2 of the molds and the swirling tool. I happened to place my order 2 hours before the end of the sale. I am planning on doing M&P projects and Hot Process swirling....we shall see how that goes.....Handmade in Florida has done a couple of videos where she puts melt and pour into her CP soap...I might grow a wild hair and try this with Hot Process....I just might make me a huge mess, but I love the look of her combo soap...who knows it may come out just as beautiful...hopefully! I have not gotten my molds yet, but once I see them I may have to revisit the dividers. These TSM seem to be popular right now. :)

Gran, hopefully puma will chime it on this later, but in case she doesn't see this thought I would post a link to the soaper that she posted about, Zahida/Handmade in Florida. Zahida is a magician, all of her videos are worth watching.  The cp/mp mixes are the sunkissed and the sea glass soaps.  She makes all of her stuff look easy, but boy, it really is not.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HandmadeinFlorida/videos

They are beautiful.  I kind of love Zahida and hate her at the same time :)  I've tried to replicate some of her soaps (including the cp/mp mixes) and they are um, pretty different than hers, dang it.

Edited by not_ally

CB, edited what I thought was this post and it wasn't, hope it works this time ...

Composed a long windy edit to the last post, but it vanished. Summary: thank you for the usage amount advice on the SLZ FO, would definitely have gone too high otherwise (I like smells strong, plus coconut fades so much usually.)

Also, KWYM about chocolate bar scent. I really like Gemlite's cocoa cardomom FO, pretty and a tiny bit spicy. Test it first, their scents can be iffy , but testers are cheap, just make sure you order multiple testers depending on the tester/batch you are making, their testers are tiny (about a third of an oz, although they come in lovely little glass bottles:). I added a bit of Gemlite tangerine EO ( a keeper for me), BB litsea EO (my favorite litsea) to anchor, and some SLZ red sandal FO. Very nice, warm, masculine combo and sticking hard a couple of weeks out, will let you know if that changes.

Also, would love to know about the Peak's AS, do update if you have a chance and remember.

Peaks Asian Sandalwood is wonderful in CP. It sticks very well and stays for months. No A but it does discolor to a light/medium tan. But that is an appropriate color for sandalwood so I don't mind. I love mixing it with some patchouli FO for a sandalwood patchouli.

If you use Peaks Patch I find you need to add a bit of Patchouli EO to anchor it as it is a soft patch scent when cured.

Edited by Candybee