Aroma Beads in Ooh La Lamps?

Dana

Ok, so I scented up a batch of Aroma Beads. Tried it in the Ooh La Lamp. Everything seemed fine. Shut it off before I went to bed. Got up in the morning and noticed all the beads melted to the cage! It is only a 15 watt bulb in those lamps. What do they add to their "Aroma Crystals" (which are actually the beads) to prevent them from melting together?

Guest OldGlory

I have no idea what the beads you are talking about are made of. If you have a warmer type of base in your Ooh La Lamp, you could try to use crystal potpourri. It won't melt. You can do a search for the product on CraftServer if you are unfamiliar.

Yes, I checked into the crystals. But the stuff that Celebrating Home sells are definitely the beads. I guess I should just bite the bullet and purchase some to see what they use to prevent them from melting or sticking together. Maybe there is an ingredient list on the packaging. Thought I would try here first before I spend the $$. Thanks tho!

• 3 weeks later...

I highly doubt the package will have what type of plastic the bead is made from.  You might have better luck checking with suppliers of the

aroma beads to see if they know if their product will hold up to those lamps.  I definitely notice a difference in beads I have purchased

in the past, but I've never used them in a lamp.