Question regarding storage of wax tarts

pixie

Hi all,

I have allot of single tarts left in various clamshells.  I am cleaning and organizing this week and what I'd like to do is take all these single tarts out of their respective clamshells and throw them all in one bag.

My question is....will having all these different scented tarts in one bag change how they smell?  I mean, the tarts mingle and all eventually have one generic smell or would they all keep their individual scent?

Thanks

pixie

Guest OldGlory

I don't know for sure because I have always kept similar scents together when storing them. When I pack orders for shipping, I try to do the same (these are large orders so I can keep types of scents together).

For example, I have fruit types (non bakery, non cinnamon) stored together, cinnamon scents stored together, vanilla scents stored together, green scents stored together, laundry scents stored together... etc. I'm not willing to take the chance that they'll all smell sort of generic when I open the container. I think the cinnamon FOs would be most likely to migrate.

Some board members might have other information for you.

I don't recommend it

I did this with single fluted mold tarts and put a variety in one bag to take to our cabin.....I can't smell what's what now when I sort thru them however I have not burned them yet to know if they have lost scent or taken on another- I have been burming my tester candles up there and we don't go up there that often but this past weekend I looked thru them and think it was a mistake to package them that way