Sustainable palm wax

I found a source for RSPO sustainable palm wax but am wondering if potential customers will still read me the riot act anyways for using palm wax. I live in a very vocal, environmentally conscious town (which is one of the things I love about it), so I worry about people's reactions to using palm. Do any of you use palm wax and how do people react to your use of it?

It's pretty but I don't use it at all. I also avoid foods with palm and never use palm in my soap. The sustainability of Palm is an issue even with the RSPO. People in my area, don't like it and won't use it. The thing is, there are very few people who even care about it so you might get a couple of people who won't buy your product because of it, there are plenty of people (even crunchy ones) who will still buy it. 

If you are not a firm anti-palm believer, do whatever you feel you want to put out there. Don't let other people dictate to you what you should make and shouldn't. If you believe in the cause, then don't make Palm candles.

It's all about what you want to do and how you feel about it.

I make palm candles because I love them and so do my customers. I have been using it for years and never once had anyone comment on it.

As far as using palm in my soap and candles I don't have any issues with it. As long as I have been making soap and candles there have always been agendas and propaganda regarding oils and waxes and the environment. Don't believe all the hype you read on the internet. A lot of it is misinformation passed on by extremely unreliable sources. All waxes have their pros and cons and production will impact the environment one way or another. Same thing with our soaping oils. So saying a specific wax or oil is better environmentally than another is simply naive.

• Like 1

I just had one person bring up the issue and I showed him the certificate that the supplier has showing they are a member of the RSPO.  He was then speechless.  

Other than that one guy I have never had a comment about it.