Coffee mug warmer vs. Candle warmer

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and they had slew coffee mug warmers in the Christmas sale rack for only 80 cents apiece. I could not tell from the packaging what wattage the warmers were, though. Does anyone have any idea of coffee mug warmers can be used as candle warmers.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and they had slew coffee mug warmers in the Christmas sale rack for only 80 cents apiece. I could not tell from the packaging what wattage the warmers were, though. Does anyone have any idea of coffee mug warmers can be used as candle warmers.

Those particular one's are only 9 watts, that's why they don't work. They also had the Rival mug warmers for $2.50. Now those are great and are 20 or 21 watts, can't remember. But I bought a ton of them. They have them every year around Christmas. Rival sells them for $15.00 if purchased from them, LOL

Thanks for posting about those 20 watt ones. My neighbor got one from an office gift exchange and wanted to know if I could pour her a wickless candle in the mug that came with it, she thought it would look cute in her kitchen. I don't do wickless candles or use candle warmers so I wasn't sure.

Those particular one's are only 9 watts, that's why they don't work. They also had the Rival mug warmers for $2.50. Now those are great and are 20 or 21 watts, can't remember. But I bought a ton of them. They have them every year around Christmas. Rival sells them for $15.00 if purchased from them, LOL

Ditto on the Rival warmers. $2.50 ea and work great!