Battery Operated Tea Lights

hometowncandles

Jennifer,

I don't have a good answer to your question immediately, but the answer really depends on what kind of battery powered tea-lights you are talking about, flickering, steady light, etc.  Most if not all of the "cheap" ones don't give off much light, unless you are in a very dark room.  Those I have seen as cheap as 2 or 3 for a $1 at the dollar store.   I have had a little better luck with some I found at "The Christmas Tree Shoppe" where they were 6/$2.99.  I haven't seen those in awhile though.  I have also tried the LED Submersible Floralytes.  Those are very bright, they don't flicker and are available in 9 different colors and even a color changing version starting at about $1.69/each.  They work great if you are looking for a lot of light but they don't really give off that realistic look due to the fact that they don't flicker.  I would go to Ebay to see all the different kinds (I even saw some similar to the Christmas Tree Shoppe ones I mentioned. Type LED tea lights in the search bar and all kinds will come up.  I had been getting those Floralytes from a company called COD Wholesalers.  The nice thing about the Floralytes is that they are also water submersible, they are really designed for floral water displays, but that is part of the reason, they are so much more expensive.

HTH.

SteveG.