wholesale opportunity

flair

I am a newbie to the world of candle making but I am loving it.  When I launch my website and business I am going to want to offer soap as well.. That being said I am going to need someone to wholesale soap to me so I can offer it... If you are absolutely obsessed with making the BEST and SAFESt soaps please let me know if you would like to wholesale your soaps. 

Thanks

That's kind of vague. There are plenty of suppliers that carry wholesale soaps in bulk. I think you'll find it fairly pricey with the cost of shipping these days. I don't know how long you've been working on your product but from my own personal experience; it took me quite a while to develop the legal stuff, the graphics and cost study from slab to cases of wax and minimums on glassware. Just saying, you might not get much response this time of the year when everyone has pretty much taken on whatever accounts for the season. You would probably do better waiting until 2015. Just type in wholesale soap on the net and see what pops up. HTH

Steve

Guest OldGlory

I don't currently make soap and don't think it's in my near future, but when I did, I could not wholesale a 4 oz bar for less than $2.50, even if I cut back on the expensive ingredients. The ingredients are expensive in soap, like lye, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, and a host of other potential ingredients to add specific attributes and benefits to your soap. And then there is shipping and that has become cost prohibitive.

So, the question is, why don't you learn to make soap too? I jumped into candlemaking without a second thought and it took me a year to make a decent candle. I waited and worried about soapmaking, but I had a really good product a few months in. Just decide what kind of soap you want to offer. While we can't teach you thru a message board, you can find books on it, we can help you tweak it. It's a process, more involved than making a candle, potentially more dangerous, but it's JUST A PROCESS. Jump in, my friend.

I don't currently make soap and don't think it's in my near future, but when I did, I could not wholesale a 4 oz bar for less than $2.50, even if I cut back on the expensive ingredients. The ingredients are expensive in soap, like lye, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, and a host of other potential ingredients to add specific attributes and benefits to your soap. And then there is shipping and that has become cost prohibitive.

So, the question is, why don't you learn to make soap too? I jumped into candlemaking without a second thought and it took me a year to make a decent candle. I waited and worried about soapmaking, but I had a really good product a few months in. Just decide what kind of soap you want to offer. While we can't teach you thru a message board, you can find books on it, we can help you tweak it. It's a process, more involved than making a candle, potentially more dangerous, but it's JUST A PROCESS. Jump in, my friend

I have the same thought process as you did when you started... I am just trying to focus on making a great candle right now. I have seen numerous videos on soap making and others as well that I really like but I am consumed right now with trying to make the best dog gone candle I can.  And that is a challenge..... :)  Hopefully the cost isn't prohibitive on the wholesale side...