Whipped soap

Jcandleattic

Is there a special recipe/oils to use when making whipped soap? I'm not talking about cream soap that you use both KOH and NaOH, but just a whipped soap, like Ivory. LOL (but you know, not Ivory) 

It's one of the things I haven't really ventured into yet, and it sounds interesting. 

Anybody have any tops or tricks? 

TIA

I think I will try it tomorrow. I've read many different methods - the only thing in common from everything I've read was to use a mixer, so I think what I will do is a mash up of all the different methods I've read and whip my oils, use COLD lye solution added slowly with the mixer and then plop into mold. Not sure what scent or colors, but I've also heard that the white stays pretty snow white with this method (provided you don't use a discoloring FO) so I have to think on what scent. 

I'm sure I will post the results for you guys. :) 

Here's a recipe I found in the recipe section. Looks good but haven't tried it:

http://www.craftserver.com/topic/26592-a-whipped-soap-recipe/?hl=%2Bwhipped+%2Bsoap

Also, if you check out Nizzy's soap she has a recipe. I use to have it bookmarked when I used a different browser. I will see if I can find it for you and post it.

Found it. Here it is:

http://nizzymoulds.com/Whipped/index.htm

Be sure to check out Nizzy's whipped soap gallery. Click on the pics to enlarge. I think they should inspire you!

Edited by Candybee

I used my typical recipe and I think it worked out well. 

I had read Nizzie's several years ago but at the time it didn't interest me... 

I think I like doing this method and will definitely explore other recipes with it.

I think today's effort turned out pretty well. I like the actual soap part turned out cool even though the design wasn't what I was thinking in my head...