Periwinkle Blue

puma52

It seems that this color is SUPER hot. Using liquid colorants, does anyone have an awesome and beautiful periwinkle blue recipe? I am planning on Christmas pillars in this color and perhaps for a wedding also.  I need this per pound of wax please.  Thanks for any help folks. :) 

So let's take a stab at making it eh! I love to play with colors and if you have the patience and time, you can come up with whatever you want ... (or you can check out AH/RE's colorants and see if it's there.) 

I would take pink + blue to get there ... let's say 1 drop pink to 2 drop blue  at first and then work from there (but add that to a fair amount of whatever you're working in ... so work toothpick wise first here, because you may end up wanting more pink than blue to get there.) 

Edited by Scented

Thanks bunches for the info everyone! I also found out that Tiffany Blue is popular too... It looks like a very pale aqua....gracious..they are throwing these unique colors at us! :) Ok guys....I will do my best to get this right and I will post some pics at how successful I am or am not. I plan on making these 2 weeks from tomorrow...so we shall see. :)

Edited by puma52

Well heck that Tiffany Blue looks like turquoise blue to me!

It is a very different color I think. I have made aqua....but it looks like there is less of the blue and more of the green? What do you think? Lighter version of aqua? Maybe use half the color of a regular aqua candle color recipe? This color would make a wonderful Christmas candle....now just what scents to use for the Periwinkle Blue and Tiffany Blue? :)

il_340x270.199237759.jpg

Edited by puma52

Yeah try it at half the aqua, maybe one at half and another at a fourth. What I saw though definitely looked turquoise blue to me last night when I went looking. (at least like a turquoise chip I once had is why I made the comparison.)

Edited by Scented

Yeah try it at half the aqua, maybe one at half and another at a fourth. What I saw though definitely looked turquoise blue to me last night when I went looking. (at least like a turquoise chip I once had is why I made the comparison.)

It definitely is a very unique color! It is definitely eye catching. I am going to get these colors figured out if it kills me! :) Thanks for the color help! Appreciate it Scented. :)

Edited by puma52

When I looked at pictures of items featuring both the tiffany blue colors and the periwinkle blue colors there is definitely a range of both colors.

Guest OldGlory

Ha!!! And do I see a pillar in your future w/this color?? :)

Oh do not give me any ideas! I ordered more 1343 and 1274 already. Now, I just need a cute little square mold...  LOL