Shipping, shipping, shipping

Decided to follow Candybee's advice and do a  little more comparision shopping, I  needed cocoa butter to try a bath melt recipe.  2 suppliers charge 13.00 minimum (l lb) shipping. Had I purchased from either one, I'd end up paying 26.00 for a pound of cocoa butter *shudder* so, I found a supplier from this board, and they charged 7.00 flat rate up to $25.00 purchase.  Placed an order with them for the cocoa butter and since not only the price of the cocoa butter and shipping was great, I decided to add 2 bottles of essential oil I had been looking at. Got all three items for less than it would have cost for one item and their shipping.   It sure does pay to look around.      I probably would've added other items if I had ordered elsewhere, but with their shipping prices, it wasn't an option.

Edited by 7 Pawz
  • Like 3

You can save on shipping for cocoa powder by buying it at your grocers. Its in the tea and coffee isle.

Glad you found a better shipping price. Shipping is brutal. I can't tell you how many times I have dropped a shopping cart due to outrageous shipping.

I think I've found a good product for what I needed, so along with the price, I was pleased.  Distance doesn't necessarily matter I'm finding out. I tried suppliers close to me, if it wasn't shipping, it was price.

I have done the same as Candy. Now grant they may only charge exact shipping but if their cart do not show a price close to what I will pay I do not chance it.

I haven't ordered a lot lately, as I'm just  using up excess supplies, but for the few things I am getting, I can't see paying almost what an item costs as it is to ship it.